Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review

by - April 17, 2013


Remember last month I showed my Urban Decay Friends and Family haul? Well here the linky.

The first thing I tried out of the bunch of goodies was the Naked Basics palette ($32 CDN/$27 USD). I. LOVE.THIS.SHIT!

Since I started using it I haven’t once reached for my Naked palette. What the what? Yep, it is that awesome!

UD Naked Basics
 
UD Naked Basics
 
UD Naked Basics


This palette contains six full sized shadows - 5 matte and one has a slight shimmer to it. The Naked Basics is on the tinier side for Urban Decay palettes but this makes it so much easier to put in your purse and take on the go. It is packaging has a rubberized outer shell which I quite like. Inside, it has a full mirror on the top of the palette which is perfect for holding up while placing your shadow. Two of the shadows are previous releases: Foxy in Naked 2 and W.O.S is the shadow that comes with the Build Your Own palettes. The only thing that could have made this even better would have been a small travel brush incuded in it. But whatever, I have tons of brushes.

 
UD Naked Basics pan

 The shadows:

Venus: off white with slight shimmer – this is a perfect brow highlighter as well as in the inner eye area

Foxy: yellow beige matte – I haven’t used this colour that much as W.O.S. matches my skin tone much more closely.

W.O.S.: pink beige matte – I have been using this as an all over wash of colour of the whole lid.

Naked 2: pink tinted light taupe - this is more pink toned than Naked from the original Naked palette. It is a great to use as a blending colour

Flirt: warm brown matte – I love this matte brown. I have been using this to deepen my crease while using Naked 2 to blend the edges out.

Crave: brown/black matte – who doesn’t need a matte black? I have been using this to add more depth to the outer V.
 

UD Naked Basics interior

UD Naked Basics swatches


I didn’t experience any patchiness with these shadows and found them easy to blend. The only negative thing I can think of is that because these are matte shadows so there can be a little dusty pickup when you put your brush in them. But overall I think this is a staple that everyone can use. I think the colours are so useable for everyday looks. I didn’t think I would like it this much but wowza it has become my favorite this past month.

Do you have the Naked Basics? What did you think about it?

~~99Raina99

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I do have the Basics palette, but have yet to try it out yet. I just love how small the palette is and its velvety feel :)

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram Life